1. Trigger switch
2. Forward/Reverse button
3. Chuck collar
4. 1/4 inch hex quick-release chuck
5. LED Work light
6. Bit storage
7. Battery Charger
9. Battery Release Button
depending on cord length and nameplate ampere rating. If in doubt, use the next
heavier gage. The smaller the gage number, the heavier the cord.
Recommended Minimum Wire Size for extension Cords
Total Length of Cord
Wire Size AWg
iMPOrTaNT safeTy iNsTrucTiONs fOr BaTTery chargers
SAVe THeSe INSTRUCTIONS: This manual contains important safety instructions for
• Before using charger, read all instructions and cautionary markings on charger, battery
pack, and product using battery pack.
& Decker batteries. Other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage.
the charger can be shorted by foreign material. Foreign materials of a conductive nature such
as, but not limited to, steel wool, aluminum foil, or any buildup of metallic particles should be kept
away from charger cavities. Always unplug the charger from the power supply when there is no
battery pack in the cavity. Unplug charger before attempting to clean.
other than the ones in this manual. The charger and battery pack are specifically
designed to work together.
• These chargers are not intended for any uses other than charging designated
Black & Decker rechargeable batteries. Any other uses may result in risk of fire, electric
shock or electrocution.
• Do not expose charger to rain or snow.
• Pull by plug rather than cord when disconnecting charger. This will reduce risk of
damage to electric plug and cord.
• Make sure that cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or
otherwise subjected to damage or stress.
• Do not use an extension cord unless it is absolutely necessary. Use of improper
extension cord could result in risk of fire, electric shock, or electrocution.
• An extension cord must have adequate wire size (AWg or American Wire gauge)
for safety. The smaller the gauge number of the wire, the greater the capacity of the
cable, that is 16 gauge has more capacity than 18 gauge. When using more than one
Shock hazard. Do not allow any liquid to get inside charger.
burn hazard. To reduce the risk of injury, charge only designated Black
Under certain conditions, with the charger plugged in to the power supply,
DO NOT attempt to charge the battery pack with any chargers