Horizontal Installations—Left Side Down
Horizontal installations with the left side panel down will require
the drain hoses to be connected to the left side front cover drain
port and the side drain port on the rubber elbow.
1. Remove the rubber plug from the front cover left (down) side
2. Relocate the front cover pressure switch hose connection
from the right side (as shipped) pressure tap to the left (down)
NOTE: The pressure switch hose must be connected to the
down side to guard against blocked drain conditions. Cut the
hose to the appropriate length to minimize sagging. Plug the
right (unused) pressure tap with the rubber plug removed
from the left side.
3. Secure Hose A to the front cover drain port with a red hose
4. Route Hose A to the rear left (down) side panel grommet
NOTE: For left side drainage, grommets must be relocated to
the left side panel.
5. Remove the rubber cap from the side drain port on the rubber
6. Secure the short end of Hose B to the rubber elbow side
drain port using a green hose clamp.
For left side drainage, route Hose B to the far left (down)
side panel grommet holes.
Horizontal left side connections (when using a new side
port drain elbow) does not require connecting a hose to
the induced draft blower housing.
7. Cut 5¹⁄₂" (14 cm) straight length from the long end of each
Tube 2. Discard radius ends.
8. Insert approximately 1" (2.5 cm) of each Tube 2 through the
left side panel grommet hole.
9. Secure the tubes to Hose A and Hose B with the green hose
NOTE: Tube must reach bottom of trap.
NOTE: Ensure that the hoses and tubes maintain a downward
slope for proper drainage and are not kinked or bound.
To avoid the risk of electrical shock, wiring to
the unit must be polarized and grounded.
To avoid personal injury or death due to
electrical shock, disconnect electrical
power before servicing or changing any
For details concerning the mounting of the drain trap, refer to
"Horizontal Drain Trap Mounting" in this section.
Horizontal Upflow Connections—Left Side Down
A. Induced draft blower drain port
B. Hose B
C. Green hose clamps (3)
D. Side panel grommet holes
E. Tubes 2
Horizontal Drain Trap Mounting—Left or Right
1. Position the drain trap against the side panel with the drain
tubes inserted into the trap.
NOTE: The trap may be orientated with the outlet facing
either the furnace's top cover or base pan.
2. Secure the drain trap to the side panel at the dimples or
crosshairs located on either side of the grommet drain holes.
3. Confirm that the tubes reach the bottom of the drain trap and
that all of the hoses maintain a downward slope and are not
kinked or binding.
4. Attach the PVC drain line to the drain trap outlet with either a
90° elbow or coupling.
Label all wires prior to disconnection when servicing
controls. Wiring errors can cause improper and dangerous
operation. Verify proper operation after servicing.
The wiring harness is an integral part of this furnace. Field
alteration to comply with electrical codes should not be required.
Wires are color coded for identification purposes. Refer to the
wiring diagram for wire routings. If any of the original wire as
supplied with the furnace must be replaced, it must be replaced
with wiring material having a temperature rating of at least 105°C.
Any replacement wiring must be a copper conductor.
F. Drain trap
G. Hose A
H. Red hose clamps
I. Front cover drain port
J. Left side panel