Upright Standard Connections—Left Side Upflow
A. Left side panel
E. Tube 1
B. Rubber elbow
F. Green hose clamps (3)
C. Rubber elbow
G. Hose B
H. Drain trap
D. Silver hose clamp
17¹⁄₂" (44.5 cm)
21" (53.4 cm)
24¹⁄₂" (62.3 cm)
Upright Drain Trap Mounting—Left or Right Side
1. Insert the drain tubes into the drain trap and position the
drain trap against the side panel.
NOTE: Drain tubes must reach the bottom of the drain trap.
2. Secure the drain trap to the side panel at the mounting holes
(dimples or crosshairs on counterflow models) located below
the grommet drain holes.
3. Attach the PVC drain line to the drain trap outlet with either a
90° elbow or coupling.
Horizontal Installations—Right Side Down
Horizontal installations with the right side down require that the
drain hoses be connected to the right side front cover drain port
and the rubber elbow drain port.
NOTE: On counterflow models, relocation of the front cover
pressure switch hose is required.
Make connections as follows:
1. Remove the rubber plug from the right side of the front cover
NOTE: On counterflow furnaces, relocate the front cover
pressure switch hose connection from the left side pressure
tap to the right (down) side tap to guard against blocked drain
conditions. Cut the hose to appropriate length to minimize
sagging. Plug the left (unused) pressure tap with the plug
removed from right side.
I. Tubes 2
J. Side panel drain holes
K. Hose A
L. Front cover drain port
X Length to Cut from
Long End of Hose B
7" (17.8 cm)
3¹⁄₂" (8.89 cm)
2. Secure Hose A to the front cover drain tap with a red hose
3. Route Hose A to the rear right (down) side panel grommet
4. Cut ¹⁄₄" (6.4 cm) from the end of the drain port on the
externally mounted rubber elbow. Discard cut portion.
5. Insert Tube 1 into the rubber elbow drain port and secure with
a silver hose clamp.
NOTE: Angle tube outward toward front of furnace.
6. Cut 17³⁄₄" (45.1 cm) from the long end of Hose B. Discard cut
7. Secure the remaining end of Hose B to exposed end of Tube
1 with a green hose clamp.
8. Route Hose B to the front right (down) side panel grommet
9. Cut 5¹⁄₂" (14 cm) straight length from the long end of each
Tube 2. Discard the radius pieces.
10. Insert approximately 1" (2.5 cm) of each Tube 2 through the
right (down) side panel grommet holes.
11. Secure the tubes to Hose A and Hose B using the green hose
NOTE: Ensure that the hoses and tubes maintain a
downward slope for proper drainage and are not kinked or
For details concerning the mounting of the drain trap, refer to
"Horizontal Drain Trap Mounting" in "Condensate Drain Lines and
Horizontal Upflow Connections—Right Side Down
A. Front cover drain port
B. Front cover pressure tap
C. Right side panel
D. Rubber elbow
E. Rubber elbow drain port
F. Silver hose clamp
G. Tube 1
H. Green hose clamps (3)
I. Drain trap
J. Tubes 2
K. Hose B
L. Hose A
M. Red hose clamp