Accessories/ Installation Procedure
1. To prevent short circuits, remove the key from
the ignition and disconnect the - terminal of
2. Install the FM/AM antenna and connect the
antenna wire to the HD Radio tuner.
3. Connect the HD Radio tuner and the control unit
using the provided connection wire.
4. Make the proper input and output wire
connections for each unit.
5. Install the unit in your car.
6. Reconnect the - terminal of the battery.
7. Press the reset button on the control unit.
• Do not connect the control wire while the control unit is
• Be sure to press the reset button on the control unit after
• If your car is not prepared for this special connection-
system, consult your Kenwood dealer.
• Make sure that all wire connections are securely made by
inserting jacks until they lock completely.
• Do not let unconnected wires or terminals touch metal
on the car or anything else conducting electricity. To
prevent short circuits, also do not remove the caps on
the ends of the unconnected wires or the terminals.
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape or other
• Take care so that the antenna wire and other connection
wires are not caught by mobile parts. Otherwise wire
disconnection or other trouble may result.
• Do not apply too much force on the antenna wire, other
connection wires and connectors by bending a wire,
etc. Otherwise wire disconnection or other trouble may
• After the unit is installed, check whether the brake lamps,
indicators, wipers, etc. on the car are working properly.