What might appear to be a malfunction in your unit may just be the result of slight
misoperation or miswiring. Before calling service, first check the following table for possible
(No sound from one side.)
The output level is too
small (or too large).
The sound quality is bad.
(The sound is distorted.)
The external amplifier
controller (B.M.S.) will not
• Input (or output) cables are
• Protection circuit may be
• Volume is too high.
• The speaker cord is shorted.
The input sensitivity adjusting
control is not set to the correct
• The speakers wire are
connected with wrong + / -
• A speaker wire is pinched by a
screw in the car body.
• The switches may be set
• The B.M.S. switch setting is
• The external amplifier control
wire has come loose.
• Connect the input (or output)
• Check connections by referring
• Replace the fuse and use lower
• After check the speaker cord and
fixing the cause of the short,
replace the fuse.
Adjust the control correctly
referring to "Controls".
• Connect them properly checking
the + / - of the terminals and
• Connect the speaker wire again
so that it is not pinched by
• Set switches properly by
referring to "System examples".
• The B.M.S. switch is set to
• Check that the external amplifier
control wire is properly