3 7 63 1515 0
BLUETOOTH FUNCTION CHECKING METHOD USING
A CELLULAR PHONE
1. Required Equipment
Set to be tested (MEX-BT2700/BT2707E/BT2750)
Cellular phone (Recommended SEMC K320i or K800i, or
select from connectable cellular phones list)
Speaker connection (at least Front L/R ch)
DC power supply (12V)
Turn on the Bluetooth function of the cellular phone in advance.
Remove a Bluetooth device connected to the cellular phone in ad-
vance. (at least, remove XPLOD)
3. Test Environment
No other Bluetooth device is making a communication in the
periphery. (within 20m)
No other MEX-BT2700/BT2707E/BT2750 are supplied with
There are no two or more wireless LAN access points in the
periphery. (with 50m) (one is OK)
The set should be tested in a place such as a meeting room, free
from ambient noise.
The speaker at the far end should be in a place such as another
meeting room separated acoustically.
Install the MEX-BT2700/BT2707E/BT2750 on the desktop.
Beware of the following points when conducting the
There is no fault if a talking can be made by adjusting appro-
priately the volume of the telephone of the other party and the
cellular phone connected through the Bluetooth, besides the
setup of MEX-BT2700/BT2707E/BT2750.
The speaker's voice will become loud naturally if the periph-
ery is noisy, or become low if quiet. (even though the speaker
intents to talk on the same volume level)
The speaker's voice will become loud naturally if the other
party's voice is loud.
6. BT PHONE Function Check
1. Press the [BLUETOOTH] button for 5 seconds to check if the
BT logo changes from lighting to blinking.
2. Search peripheral equipment from the cellular phone to check
if "XPLOD" is found.
3. Search peripheral equipment from the cellular phone apart
from the set about 5m to check if "XPLOD" is found.
4. Check if peripheral equipment can be registered to the cellular
phone (pass code 0000).
5. Make a connection to the cellular phone to check if the HF
logo lights up. (This may be conducted at the same time in item
6. After making a connection to the cellular phone, move the cel-
lular phone apart from the set about 5m to check if the connec-
tion is held.
7. After switching the source of the MEX-BT2700/BT2707E/
BT2750 to other than BT PHONE (e.g. TUNER) to check that
a sound is generated, make a call to the cellular phone con-
nected to the set.
8. Check that the sound being played is interrupted and in turn the
ring tone is heard. (the built-in sound of the set will be gener-
ated or the ring tone of cellular phone will be heard depending
on the cellular phone)
9. Press the [PUSH SELECT] button for a short time to check
that the conversation can be made.
10. Check that the other party's voice can be heard from the speak-
11. Check by operating the Volume that the other party's volume
12. Speak to the microphone of the set to check that the other party
can hear it. (Make sure that there is no large difference from
13. Press the [PUSH SELECT] button for 2 seconds to check that
the HF turns off and the set is switched to a telephone call
between cellular phones. (This may not function depending on
the cellular phone)
14. Press the [PUSH SELECT] button for 2 seconds to check that
the HF turns on and the set is switched to a telephone call be-
tween MEX-BT2700/BT2707E/BT2750 and far end.
15. Press the [PUSH SELECT] button for a short time to check
that a telephone call is terminated. Also, the original source is
16. Perform ACC OFF -> ON to check if the set is reconnected
automatically to the cellular phone.
7. BT Audio Function Check
1. Connect the set to the BT audio device (or cellular phone fur-
nished with BT audio function) to check that the streaming
logo lights up.
2. Play the BT audio device to check that a sound is generated
from the set when the source is switched to the BT audio.
3. Operate the set ([SEEK – /+],  button operation) to check if
it can control the BT Audio.
Note: The functions that can be operated vary depending on the BT audio
4. Perform ACC OFF -> ON to check if the set can be recon-
nected to the BT audio device. (Some BT audio devices may
be reconnected automatically)
5. With the BT audio source, press the  button to check if the
streaming logo blinks and the set is reconnected to the BT audio
device. (This function is disabled while the set is reconnected
to a cellular phone. Accordingly, this test should be conducted
after the power is turned on and then the HF logo lights up, or
when about 30 seconds elapsed after the power on)
This should be performed when the set is sent back to the user after
all the checks ﬁ nished successfully.
1. Execute the initialization.
2. Press the [BLUETOOTH] button for 3 seconds to check if the
BT logo lights up.
3. Check that the set is not connected automatically to the cellular
phone that was connected last.
4. With the BT audio source, check that the streaming logo does
not blink when the  button is pressed.
9. What to Do after Checking
1. If the board does not need to be replaced
Return the bluetooth settings to original ones. (settings when
the set was received from the user)
2. If the board needs to be replaced
Return to the factory shipping mode.