Warning: If a relief valve discharges
periodically, this may be due to thermal
expansion in a closed water supply
system. Contact the water supplier or
local plumbing inspector on how to
correct this situation. Do not plug the
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1)
This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2)
this device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired opera-
D A N G E R
Water temperature over 125°F can
cause severe burns instantly or
death from scalds.
Children, disabled and elderly are
at highest risk of being scalded.
See instruction manual before
setting temperature at water
Feel water before bathing or
• Key Pad interface control
• High power pre-mix compact burner with low NOx
• Modulating Gas Valve with constant gas:air ratio
• Modulating water valve for improved comfort and
High quality materials for long working life
• Copper heat exchanger
• High efficiency Ceramat Burner
• Compact space saver: mounts on a wall with a
• LCD Display with backlight
• On/Off and Temperature control switches
• Reset button
• Program button (Selectable temperature default)
• Failure codes for easy diagnostics and repair
• Easily removable one-piece cover
• Built in freeze prevention.
Note: Freeze prevention is not intended to protect
plumbing outside the appliance or to keep the
appliance from freezing for long periods.
Accessories (Bosch part #)
• Optional wireless remote control accessory to
operate with the appliance (TSTAT2)
• Outdoor kit (AQOK)
• Gas conversion kit (8719002176)
• Vertical vent kit (ESVVT)
• Horizontal vent kit (AQ3ES
BOSCH is constantly improving its
products, therefore specifications are
subject to change without prior notice.
1) AQ3 vent kit is compatible with this appliance but
requires the purchase of an additional 12" piece of
straight pipe to meet minimum vent length requirements.
The aluminum flex piping included with this kit is not per-
missible for use with this appliance.
6 720 608 782