Installation of Indoor Unit
4. Installation of Indoor Unit
The indoor unit of
refrigerant pipe from the outdoor unit are accessible at the same time.
In this chapter conditions for installation place is described. In addition, considerations when
installing accessories or 3rd party accessories are described, too.
Conditions where Indoor Unit is Installed
Specific conditions are required for installation place such as service space, wall mounting, water
pipe length and height, total volume of water, adjusting expansion vessel, and water quality.
Followings are should be considered before the installation of the indoor unit.
- The installation place should be free from outdoor weather conditions such as rain, snow, wind,
- Choose the place where is water-resistant or good drainage.
- Service space should be secured.
- No flammable materials around the indoor unit.
- Mice can not be appeared to prevent entering the indoor unit or attacking wires.
- Do not place anything in front of the indoor unit to ensure air circulation around the indoor unit.
- Do not locate anything under the indoor unit to be free from unexpected water out.
- In case of water pressure increasing to 3 bar, water drainage should be treated when water is
drained by safety valve.
• Ensure that the spaces indicated by arrows around bottom,
side, and top side.
• Wider spaces are preferred for easy maintenance and
• If minimum service space is not secured, air circulation can
be troubled and internal parts of the indoor unit can be
damaged by overheating.
32 Air-to-Water Heat Pump
is installed inside where terminal of under floor water pipe cycle and
Minimum service space
(unit : mm)