14) Press "9" button on the commander to enter the fine adjust-
15) Make fine adjustment so that horizontal lines and vertical
lines become straight.
16) Press "9" button on the commander to return to the coarse
2. Red Adjustment
1) Place a cap on the blue lens so that green and red colors are
2) Press "3" button on the commander to select RED mode.
3) Adjust the following items so that red lines overlap with
• RED CENT (horizontally/vertically)
• RED SKEW (horizontally/vertically)
• RED SIZE (horizontally/vertically)
• RED LIN (horizontally/vertically)
• RED MSIZ (horizontally)
• RED MLIN (horizontally)
• RED PIN (horizontally/vertically)
• RED KEY (vertically)
4) Press "9" button on the commander to enter the fine adjust-
5) Make fine adjustment so that horizontal lines and vertical
lines overlap with green lines.
6) Press "9" button on the commander to return to the coarse
3. Blue Adjustment
1) All colors are displayed.
2) Press "3" button on the commander to select BLU mode.
3) Hereinafter, use same manner as that of red adjustment to
adjust so that the blue lines overlap with green and red lines.
4. Registration Data Writing
1) After each adjustment of green, blue, and red for the NTSC
Full mode finished, press "MUTING"+ "ENTER" buttons
on the commander to write registration data to the NVM.
<Copy All Registration Data to Other modes>
1. Make sure that the adjustment for NTSC Full mode finished
and the data have already been written.
2. Select the PJE mode.
3. Select ALCP and set the data to "01", and press
"MUTING"+"ENTER" buttons on the commander.
4. The data of NTSC Full mode are copied to all other modes.
5. Check in the other mode and adjust as the occasion demands.
Be sure to write data in each mode.
3-12. AUTO CONVERGENCE OFFSET
This adjustment must be performed after the registration adjust-
ment was made or after readjustment was made by any reason.
1. Darken the periphery of this set.
2. Enter the monoscope signal to set the NTSC Full mode.
3. Select the PJE mode.
4. Press "FLASH FOCUS" button on the front panel of the set.
(The offset value is now automatically stored)
5. Select " ERR" of PJE mode.
Confirm ERR is "00". If ERR is not "00", recheck. (Refer to 3-
6. Exit the service mode.
3-13. AUTO REGISTRATION ERROR CODE LIST
If an error code is displayed after the set has been fully adjusted, cor-
rectly, plese check the following items : position, tilt and sizing. If
either of these adjustments are off, even slightli, the auto registration
pattern will not hit the four sensors properly. This occurs when the
internal generator patterns is being flashed on the screen for the sen-
sor to read. Therefore, auto registration (called auto convergence)
cannot operate properly causing an error code to be displayed. In or-
der for this function to operate properly, correct position, tilt and size
must be adjusted properly.
– 29 –
Copy Registration Data.