COLOR TELEVISION • This Service Manual contains the additional information “DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS” and “ADJUSTMENT” for the model TV-F2000 (U) / TV-F2100 (HT,NH). If requiring the other information, see Service Manual of TV-F2000(U), (S/M Code No. 09-006-432-1R1) and TV-F2100(HT,NH), (S/M Code No. 09-008-432-1R2).
Cement resistor R848, which is parallel to the degaussing coil, is opened when the power is turned on without the degaussing coil or dummy resistor. This model’s cement resistor, R848 is as shown below. Model name R848 Type TV-F2000 / F2100 56Ω / 2W Cement Resistor Horizontal noise will appear on the screen if this cement resistor has been opened. •...
DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS 1. REAR CABINET REMOVAL Front cabinet (1) Remove four screws 1 and three screws 2 , then remove the rear cabinet in the direction of the arrow. (See Figure1-1) Rear cabinet Figure 1-1 2. HIGH-VOLTAGE CAP (ANODE CAP) REMOVAL 2-1.
(5) Push the anode cap with your thumb in the direction of arrow 1 as shown in the figure, then lift the cap in the direction of arrow 2 to release the hook on one side. (See Figure 2-3) Anode cap Hook Hook Figure 2-3...
(3) Eliminate twisting, etc. of the high-voltage cable and arrange it so that no twisting occurs. (See Figure 3-3) High-voltage cable Anode cap Caution : If the cable is not arranged correctly, the anode cap could turn and cause an installation defect. Figure 3-3 (4) Turn over the rubber cap symmetrically on the left and right.
(6) Apply the hook on one side to the anode button as shown on the figure. (See Figure 3-6) Caution : Check that the hook is held securely. (7) Apply the hook on the other side to the anode button as shown in Figure 3-7.
4. NK C.B REMOVAL Front cabinet (1) Disconnect CN903 (CRT GND). (2) Disconnect CN901, CN902, CN951, CN952. CN882 (3) Remove the NK C.B. in the direction of arrow 1. (Power Cord) (See Figure 4-1) CN807 (Degauss 5. MAIN C.B REMOVAL cord) (1) Remove connector (CN404) from Audio C.B.
ADJUSTMENT Set-Up For Adjustment 1. CRT Adjustment Because the video signal output from a pattern generator is used as 1-1. Precautions the adjustment signal input during adjustment, the video signal (1) Receive the white raster signal, and then perform aging for at output from the pattern generator must conform with the least 20 minutes.
(2) Beam convergence adjustment (4-pole magnet) (3) Beam convergence adjustment (6-pole magnet) With a 4-pole magnet align the G beam with the already aligned Align the R beam with the B beam. The G beam does not R/B beam. move with this adjustment. (magenta) (magenta) (white)
1-3. Beam Landing Adjustment (1) Receive the green raster signal from the pattern generator. As there is occurrence of convergence distortion after (2) Loosen the magnet lock screw, and shift the magnet assembly completing the landing adjustments, be sure to carry out backward (toward the neck).
1-4. Beam Center Convergence Adjustment 1-5. The Surrounding Convergence Adjustment Perform this adjustment after completion of adjustment 1-4. Make adjustments on the convergence with 4-pole and 6-pole magnets. Operate each magnet in relation to the electron beam as (1) Shake the deflecting yoke up, down to the right and left, and shown in Figs.
Aging Mode Operation Method : Make sure that confirmation is done after replacing the EEP ROM. AGING AFT OK 0000H US21 <TV-F2000> Fig. 1a 1. Enter to the aging mode by pressing the “TEST” key on the remote controller. (Fig. 1a)
Contents of Aging Mode : 1. Release “Auto Power Off” function Release “Auto Power Off” function when no input is supplied. Use this mode for warming up (aging) during CRT adjustment. 2. AFT S-curve status indication The condition of FT S-curves are indicated by “OK” for suitable tuning, “UP” for too high or “DN” for too low. .
Adjustment Mode Operation Method : 1. Return to the aging display by pressing the “SYSTEM” key and press “TEST” key to display the adjustment menu screen. PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 PAGE 4 1 H POS 1 R CUTOFF 1 SUB CONTRAST 1 358 TRAP 1 ATT...
Electrical adjustment: • Operate after inputting the following initial figures when replacing EEP ROM. • Check the condition and adjust the area where the general repair is carried out. Initial Value PAGE 1 H POS V POS V SIZE OSD POS PIF VCO RF AGC PAGE 2...
PAGE 1 1-1. H POS Horizontal Positioning Adjustment / Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 1-1 Center Input Signal : Crosshatch Measuring Instrument : Pattern generator / reader : LCG-401 PAGE 1 • Use the volume keys on the jig remote controller to adjust the dot mark in the centre of crosshatch screen to the exact centering position by allocating an equal number of squares on the left and right side of the dot.
1-4. OSD POS OSD Positioning Adjustment / Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 1-4 Input Signal : Not specified. PAGE 1 • Use the volume keys on the jig remote controller to adjust the position of the + sign on both right and left sides shown on the OSD screen to be equivalent from the screen edge.
PAGE 2 White Balance Adjustment : Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 2-1~5 PAGE 2 *User’s picture quality will be cleared when the adjustment menu screen appears. PAGE 2 Input signal : White raster Contents of Adjustment : 1. R CUT OFF R CUTOFF 0~255 Contents of Adjustment :...
3-2. SUB CONTRAST Sub-contrast Adjustment / Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 3-1 Pedestral Level Input Signal : Color Bar (QIW) chroma/OFF Measuring Instrument :Oscilloscope Pattern generator / reader : LCG-401 95 ± 2V Test Point : S0901 R(R CATHODE) 75% White 1.
PAGE 5 5-1. ATT ALIGNMENT ATT Adjustment / Adjustment Menu Screen : PAGE 5-1 PAGE 5 Input Signal : ANT RF-INPUT / Color Bar Measuring Instrument : Oscilloscope Pattern generator / reader : LCG-401 Test Point: IC701 2 PIN TV OUT-L 1.
Tuner Adjustment If adjustment elements were replaced for repair, conduct the following set of adjustments. And then, further adjustments should be conducted on the Adjustment Menu Screen. If this set of adjustments was not completed, no further adjustments on the Adjustment Menu Screen can be conducted. The elements whose circuit condition will be altered depending on repair.
2–11, IKENOHATA 1–CHOME, TAITO-KU, TOKYO 110, JAPAN TEL:03 (3827) 3111 9820543 Printed in Singapore...