To prevent injury or fire, take the following
• To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any
metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside
• Do not watch or fix your eyes on the unit's display
when you are driving for any extended period.
How to reset your unit
• If the unit or the connected unit fails to operate
properly, press the Reset button. The unit returns to
factory settings when the Reset button is pressed.
• Remove the USB device before pressing the Reset
button. Pressing the Reset button with the USB
device installed can damage the data contained in
the USB device. For how to remove the USB device,
see <Playing a USB device> (page 12).
Cleaning the Unit
If the faceplate of this unit is stained, wipe it with a
dry soft cloth such as a silicon cloth.
If the faceplate is stained badly, wipe the stain off
with a cloth moistened with neutral cleaner, then
wipe it again with a clean soft dry cloth.
• Applying spray cleaner directly to the unit may affect its
mechanical parts. Wiping the faceplate with a hard cloth
or using a volatile liquid such as thinner or alcohol may
scratch the surface or erases characters.
When you turn on the car heater in cold weather,
dew or condensation may form on the lens in the
disc player of the unit. Called lens fogging, this
condensation on the lens may not allow discs to play.
In such a situation, remove the disc and wait for the
condensation to evaporate. If the unit still does not
operate normally after a while, consult your Kenwood
• Do not touch the recording surface of the disc.
• Do not stick tape etc. on the disc, or use a disc with
tape stuck on it.
• Do not use disc type accessories.
• Clean from the center of the disc and move
• When removing discs from this unit, pull them out
• If the disc center hole or outside rim has burrs,
use the disc only after removing the burrs with a
ballpoint pen etc.
Discs that cannot be used
• Discs that are not round cannot be used.
• Discs with coloring on the recording surface or
discs that are dirty cannot be used.
• This unit can only play the CDs with
This unit may not correctly play discs which do not
have the mark.
• You cannot play a CD-R or CD-RW that has not
been finalized. (For the finalization process refer to
your CD-R/CD-RW writing software, and your CD-
R/CD-RW recorder instruction manual.)
• If you try to load a 3-inch-disc with its adapter into
the unit, the adapter might separate from the disc
and damage the unit.
• If you experience problems during installation,
consult your Kenwood dealer.
• When you purchase optional accessories, check
with your Kenwood dealer to make sure that they
work with your model and in your area.
• The characters conforming to ISO 8859-1 character
set can be displayed.
• The RDS or RBDS feature won't work where the
service is not supported by any broadcasting
This product includes a non-replaceable
lamp that contains trace amounts of
mercury. Please recycle in accordance
with your local state regulations. Do not
dispose of in trash.
For disposal or recycling information,
please contact your local authorities.