In Canada: The Installation must conform with CSA B149.(1,2)
INSTALLATION CODES and /or local installation codes.
• 2. Carefully plan where you install the heater. Correct combustion air
supply and vent pipe installation are very important. If not installed
correctly, fatal accidents can occur, such as carbon monoxide
poisoning or fire.
• 3. When the unit is installed indoors and ROOM SEALED (twin pipe) it
is permitted to be located in bathrooms, bedrooms and occupied
rooms that are normally kept closed. See chapter 4.3 (page 10). If the
unit will be installed indoors and use indoor combustion air, the place
where you install the heater must have enough ventilation. The
National Fuel Gas Codes do not allow UNSEALED gas fired water
heater installations in bathrooms, bedrooms or any occupied
rooms normally kept closed. See chapter 4.4 (page 23).
• 4. You must correctly vent your heater. See chapter 4.3 (page 10) on
• 5. The appliance and its gas connection must be leak tested before
placing the appliance in operation.
The appliance must be isolated from the gas supply piping system by
closing its individual manual gas shutoff valve (not supplied with
Dimensions and minimum installation clearances
Fig. 6 Dimensions
Power ON or stand-by LED
heater) during any pressure testing at pressures in excess of ½ Psig
• 6. Keep water heater area clear and free from combustibles and
flammable liquids. Do not locate the heater over any material which
• 7. Correct gas pressure is critical for the proper operation of this
heater. Gas piping must be sized to provide the required pressure at
the maximum output of the heater, while all the other gas appliances
are in operation. Check with your local gas supplier, and see the
section on connecting the gas supply. See chapter 4.9 (page 26).
• 8. Should overheating occur or the gas supply fail to shut off, turn off
the gas supply at the manual gas shut off valve, on the gas line. Note:
manual gas shutoff valve is not supplied with the heater but must be
• 9. Do not use this appliance if any part has been underwater.
Immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the
appliance and to replace any part of the control system and any gas
control which has been underwater.
• 10. Failure to install heater correctly may lead to unsafe operation and
void the warranty.
Appliance details | 9
6 720 644 936 (2013/01)