If you have any questions about the TV, first refer to this list. If none of these troubleshooting tips apply,
please visit "www.samsung.com," then click on Support, or contact the call centre listed on the back-cover
of this manual.
The TV won't turn on.
There is no picture/video.
The remote control does not work.
The cable/set top box remote control
doesn't turn the TV on or off or adjust the
To keep your TV in optimum condition, upgrade to the latest firmware on the Samsung web site by
USB (Samsung.com > Support > Downloads).
Some of above pictures and functions are available at specific models only.
Solutions and Explanations
• Make sure the AC power cord is securely plugged in to the wall outlet and the TV.
• Make sure the wall outlet is working.
• Try pressing the
button on the TV to make sure the problem is not the remote. If the TV turns on,
refer to "Remote control does not work" below.
• Check the cable connections. Remove and reconnect all cables connected to the TV and external
• Set the video outputs of your external devices (Cable/Sat Box, DVD, Blu-ray etc) to match the TV's
input connections. For example, if an external device's output is HDMI, it should be connected to an
HDMI input on the TV.
• Make sure your connected devices are powered on.
• Be sure to select the correct input source.
• Reboot the connected device by unplugging it, and then reconnecting the device's power cable.
• Replace the remote control batteries. Make sure the batteries are installed with their poles (+/–) in the
• Clean the sensor's transmission window on the remote.
• Try pointing the remote directly at the TV from 5~6 feet away.
• Programme the Cable/Set remote control to operate the TV. Refer to the Cable/Set-Top-Box user
manual for the SAMSUNG TV code.
English - 23