Important Safety Instructions
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO
NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK). THERE ARE NO USER
SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER ALL SERVICING TO
• The slots and openings in the cabinet and in the back or bottom are provided for necessary ventilation. To ensure reliable operation of this apparatus,
and to protect it from overheating, these slots and openings must never be blocked or covered.
− Do not cover this apparatus in a confined space, such as a bookcase, or built-in cabinet, unless proper ventilation is provided.
− Do not place this apparatus near or over a radiator or heat resistor, or where it is exposed to direct sunlight.
− Do not place a water containing vessel(vases etc.) on this apparatus, as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
• Do not expose this apparatus to rain or place it near water(near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a wet basement, or near a
swimming pool etc.). If this apparatus accidentally gets wet, unplug it and contact an authorized dealer immediately. Make sure to pull out the power
cord from the outlet before cleaning.
• This apparatus use batteries. In your community there might be regulations that require you to dispose of these batteries properly under
environmental considerations. Please contact your local authorities for disposal or recycling information.
• Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords or adaptors beyond their capacity, since this can result in fire or electric shock.
• Power-supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular
attention to cords at plug end, adaptors and the point where they exit from the appliance.
• To protect this apparatus from a lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and
disconnect the antenna or cable system. This will prevent damage to the set due to lightning and power line surges.
• Before connecting the AC power cord to the DC adaptor outlet, make sure the voltage designation of the DC adaptor corresponds to the local
• Never insert anything metallic into the open parts of this apparatus. Doing so many create a danger of electric shock.
• To avoid electric shock, never touch the inside of this apparatus. Only a qualified technician should open this apparatus.
• Make sure to plug the power cord in until it is firmly inserted. When removing the power cord, make sure to hold the power plug when pulling the
plug from the outlet. Do not touch the power cord with wet hands.
• If this apparatus does not operate normally - in particular, if there are any unusual sounds or smells coming from it - unplug it immediately and
contact an authorized dealer or service centre.
• Be sure to pull the power plug out of the outlet if the TV is to remain unused or if you are to leave the house for an extended period of time (especially
when children, elderly or disabled people will be left alone in the house).
− Accumulated dust can cause an electric shock, an electric leakage or a fire by causing the power cord to generate sparks and heat or the
insulation to deteriorate.
• Be sure to contact an authorized service centre, when installing your set in a location with heavy dust, high or low temperatures, high humidity,
chemical substances and where it operates for 24 hours such as the aerial port, the train station etc.
• Failure to do so may cause serious damage to your set.
• Use only a properly grounded plug and receptacle.
− An improper ground may cause electric shock or equipment damage. (Class l Equipment only.)
• To disconnect the apparatus from the mains, the plug must be pulled out from the mains socket, therefore the mains plug shall be readily operable.
• Do not allow children to hang onto the product.
• Store the accessories (battery, etc.) in a location safely out of the reach of children.
• Do not install the product in an unstable location such as a shaky self, a slanted floor or a location exposed to vibration.
• Do not drop or impart any shock to the product. If the product is damaged, disconnect the power cord and contact a service centre.
• Unplug the power cord from the power outlet and wipe the product using a soft, dry cloth. Do not use any chemicals such as wax, benzene, alcohol,
thinners, insecticide, aerial freshener, lubricant or detergent. This may damage the appearance or erase the printing on the product.
• Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing.
• Do not dispose of batteries in a fire.
• Do not short circuit, disassemble or overheat the batteries.
• Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
• WARNING - TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF FIRE, KEEP CANDLES OR OTHER OPEN FLAMES AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT AT ALL TIMES.
Warning! Important Safety Instructions
(Please read the appropriate section that corresponds to the marking on your Samsung product before attempting to install the product.)
English - 2
This symbol indicates that high voltage is
present inside. It is dangerous to make any kind
of contact with any internal part of this product.
This symbol alerts you that important literature
concerning operation and maintenance has
been included with this product.