Select the Best Location
1.To prevent vibration and noise, make sure the unit is
installed securely and firmly.
2.Install the unit where the sunlight does not shine directly
on the unit.
3.The outside of the cabinet must extend outward for at
least 12" and there should be no obstacles, such as a
fence or wall, within 20" from the back of the cabinet
because it will prevent heat radiation of the condenser.
Restriction of outside air will greatly reduce the cooling
efficiency of the air conditioner.
CAUTION: All side louvers of the cabinet
must remain exposed to the outside of
4.Install the unit a little slanted so the back is slightly lower
than the front (about
water to the outside.
5.Install the unit from the bottom about 30"~60" above the
The setting conditions must be checked prior to initial starting.
The following items are especially important checking points when the installation is finished.
1. Grounding wire (Green or Green and Yellow) is provided in the power cord. The green wire must be grounded.
2. Connect to a single-outlet 15A circuit.
(or 20A circuit for Electric Heater Model)
3. To avoid vibration or noise, make sure the air conditioner is installed securely.
4 Avoid placing furniture or draperies in front of the air inlet and outlet.
How to Secure the Drain Pipe(When using drain pipe)
In humid weather, excess water may cause the BASE PAN to overflow. To drain
the water, remove the DRAIN CAP and secure the DRAIN PIPE to the rear hole of
the BASE PAN. Press the drain pipe into the hole by pushing down and away from
the fins to avoid injury.
1. Install the drain pan over the corner of the cabinet where you removed the
plug with 4 (or 2) screws.
2. Connect the drain hose to the outlet located at the bottom of the drain pan.
You can purchase the drain hose or tubing locally to satisfy your particular
needs. (Drain hose is not supplied).
3. Select the most appropriate connection from among the following figures (by
considering the hole of the unit) to fit drain pan to your own unit.
"). This will help force condensed
Service Manual 7