3.2.13 Inspecting and Handling the Unit
• At delivery, the package should be checked and any damage should be reported
• When handling the unit, take into account the following:
2. Decide on the transportation route.
3. If a forklift is to be used, pass the forklift arms through the large openings on the bottom of
4. If hanging the unit, use a cloth sling to prevent damaging the unit when hanging it. Keeping
• Use a sling sufficiently strong to hold the mass of the unit.
• Use 2 belts of at least 8m long.
• Place extra cloth or boards in the locations where the casing comes in contact with the sling
• Hoist the unit making sure it is being lifted at its center of gravity.
5. After installation, remove the transportation clasp attached to the large openings.
• Use belt sling of 20mm width or less which adequately bears the weight of the product.
• Apply a filler cloth on a fork to prevent coating of the bottom frame from coming off and rust
immediately to the carrier claims agent.
Fragile, handle the unit with care.
Keep the unit upright in order to avoid compressor damage.
the following points in mind, hang the unit following the procedure shown in figure 6.
to prevent damage.
from occurring when bringing in the unit with anti-corrosion treatment type using a forklift.
Transportation clasp (yellow)
Fixed screws of transportation clasp
For 5HP type, carry the belt sling
through the hole (large)