!_n nc tke
Keep dryer area clear and free from items that would obstruct the
flow of combustion
and ventilation air.
Keep flammable materials and vapors, such as
gasoline, away from dryer.
Place dryer at least 18 inches (46 cm) above the floor
for a garage installation.
Failure to do so can result in death, explosion,
Do not run the dryer with the lint screen loose, damaged,
blocked, or missing. Doing so can cause overheating and
damage to both the dryer and fabrics.
If lint falls off the screen into the dryer during removal, check
the exhaust hood and remove the lint. See "Venting
As needed cleaning
Laundry detergent and fabric softener residue can build up on the
lint screen. This buildup can cause longer drying times for your
clothes, or cause the dryer to stop before your load is completely
dry. The screen is probably clogged if lint falls off while the screen
is in the dryer.
Clean the lint screen with a nylon brush every 6 months, or more
frequently, if it becomes clogged due to a residue buildup.
1. Roll lint off the screen with your fingers.
2. Wet both sides of lint screen with hot water.
3. Wet a nylon brush with hot water and liquid detergent. Scrub
lint screen with the brush to remove residue buildup.
Every load cleaning
The lint screen is located in the door opening of the dryer. The
control panel has an indicator light to remind you to clean the lint
screen before each load. A screen blocked by lint can increase
1. Pull the lint screen straight up. Roll lint off the screen with
your fingers. Do not rinse or wash screen to remove lint. Wet
lint is hard to remove.
2. Push the lint screen firmly back into place.
4. Rinse screen with hot water.
5. Thoroughly dry lint screen with a clean towel. Replace screen
To clean dryer drum
1. Make a paste with powdered laundry detergent and very
2. Apply paste to a soft cloth.
Apply a liquid, nonflammable
household cleaner to the
stained area and rub with a soft cloth until all excess dye and
stains are removed.
3. Wipe drum thoroughly with a damp cloth.
4. Tumble a load of clean cloths or towels to dry drum.
NOTE: Garments that contain unstable dyes, such as denim blue
jeans or brightly colored cotton items, may discolor the dryer
interior. These stains are not harmful to your dryer and will not
stain future loads of clothes. Dry unstable dye items inside out to
avoid dye transfer.