When the Check Pre-Filter
light is flashing (See fig. 2 A), it is
time to clean the pre-filter.
1. Turn off the air cleaner by pressing the Power Switch. Then
unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
AUTION: To avoid harmless static shock that may occur,
DO NOT touch unit for 2 minutes after turning OFF and
2. Firmly grasp the notches on both sides of the front grill and
pull the grill outward and remove.
3. There are 2 built-in retention clips on the top edge of the
pre-filter. Push the top of the 2 clips and gently swing the
4. Lift up the pre-filter to remove it from air cleaner.
5. The pre-filter can be cleaned by gently vacuuming it, using the
upholstery brush on your vacuum cleaner.
6. Now wash the pre-filter using warm, soapy water. Use a
mild dish washing liquid detergent that is non-chlorine and
7. Rinse the pre-filter thoroughly with clean, warm water.
8. Use paper towels to wipe off any excess water on the
9. ALLOW THE PREoFILTER TO DRY THOROUGHLY.
A hand-held dryer may be used to speed dry Pre-Filter after washing.
RE=INSTALLING CLEAN PRE°FiLTER
1. Place the completely dry pre-filter back into the air cleaner.
2. Fit the tabs on the bottom of the pre-filter into the slots at the
base of cell cavity.
3. Push the pre-filter forward until the retention tabs snap into
4. Wipe off the front grill with a damp cloth.
5. Place front grill into the air cleaner front so that the tabs on
the bottom engage into the slots at base of unit.
6. Gently push the front grill forward until the magnetic latches
catch and hold the grill in place.