7. Plug the air cleaner back into a properly grounded 3-prong
8. Press the power On button.
9. Press the Check Preofilter button to reset it.
CLEANING THE CELL (See Fig. 3)
When the Check Cell light is flashing, it is time to clean the cell.
1. Turn Off the air cleaner by pressing the Power Button.
Then unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
AUTION: To avoid harmless static shock that may occur,
DO NOT touch unit for two minutes after turning OFF and
2. Remove the pre-filter ( See Cleaning the Pre- Filter on page 9 )
NOTE: When you clean the cell, it is also a good time to clean the pre-filter.
3. Swing out the two handles on either side of the cell.
4. Firmly hold these handles and lift the cell up and out of the air cleaner.
Be extremely careful and DO NOTTOUCH the fine ionizing
wires and collection plates on the cell.
The cell can be washed either of 2 ways: in a tub of water or in a
that is large enough.
WARNING: Some edges of the cell are sharp, so handle it
with extreme care.