Care aNd MaiNteNaNCe
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit every 30 days
when not in frequent use, preferably using the 120 volt AC method.
Never submerge the unit in water. If the unit gets dirty, gently clean the outer surfaces of the spotlight
unit with a soft cloth moistened with a mild solution of water and detergent.
Spotlight bulb replacement
To replace the bulb, you will need a small Phillips screwdriver and a 6 volt H3 55 watt replacement
bulb. During installation, avoid touching the glass part of the bulb. Bulb life may be shortened by
installing a bulb with dirt or fingerprints on it. The bulb can be wiped clean with a cloth moistened
QUARTZ HALOGEN BULB
RUBBER BEZEL COVER
1. Disconnect the unit from any charging adapters; and lock the trigger in the OFF position.
2. Push the rubber bezel forward toward the front of the spotlight to reveal two small Phillips screws
in the retaining ring.
3. Using the screwdriver, remove (counterclockwise) the two screws. Set them aside.
4. Lift off the retaining ring, glass lens and rubber "O" ring and set them aside.
5. Carefully remove the reflector and bulb assembly.
6. Disconnect the bulb wire from the red power wire.
7. Unsnap the hairpin retaining wires from the reflector's flange.
8. Using the screwdriver, loosen the retaining screw to remove the bulb from the reflector (no need
to completely remove this screw).
9. Lift out the bulb and detach wire.
10. Insert the replacement bulb into the reflector's flange.
11. Put back and secure the hairpin retaining wires.
12. Connect the bulb power wire to the red power wire.
13. Tighten the retaining screw on the flange.
14. Place the reflector in position in the body of the spotlight.
15. Replace the rubber "O" ring in the groove around the perimeter of the reflector.
16. Replace glass and retaining ring so the screw holes are aligned.
17. Secure retaining ring with two screws.
18. Replace rubber bezel.
19. Operate switch to ensure proper operation of spotlight.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, replace bulb with 6 volt H3 55 watt only.
12 Volt dC Charging adapter Plug Fuse replacement
The fuse in the plug end of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter protects the cord's charging circuit. If the 120
Volt AC Charger operates, but the DC Charging Adapter does not, then this fuse may be opened (blown).
To replace the fuse:
1. Unscrew the end cap of the DC plug (counterclockwise).
2. Remove spring center contact and fuse.
3. Check fuse with a continuity checker.
4. If blown, locate a replacement 0.5 amp/250 volt fuse.
5. Replace the fuse, spring, contact and end cap.
6. Screw end cap clockwise until it is finger tight – DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
7. Test for proper operation of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter.
The battery should last the service life of the unit. Contact manufacturer for any information you may
SAFE BATTERy DISPOSAL
Contains a maintenance-free, sealed, non-spillable, lead acid battery, which must be
disposed of properly. Recycling is required, contact your local authority for information.
Failure to comply with local, state and federal regulations can result in fines, or
Contact your local waste management authority to dispose of this product.
• Do not dispose of the battery in fire as this may result in an explosion.
• Before disposing of the battery, protect exposed terminals with heavy-duty electrical tape to
prevent shorting (shorting can result in injury or fire).
• Do not expose battery to fire or intense heat as it may explode.
The Charging Status
Indicator LED Does Not
Light or Flash When
Unit Will Not Operate
1. Check connection to the 120 Volt AC Charger or 12 Volt DC Charging
2. Check connection to AC or DC power source.
3. Confirm there is a functioning AC or DC current.
4. Check that the fuse in the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter is not blown.
1. If you suspect the bulb is blown, check the filament. If the filament
is coiled and unbroken, the bulb is not blown. If bulb is blown,
2. The battery may be completely discharged. Charge the unit following
the directions in this manual.