Follow these tips when you troubleshoot your computer:
• If you added or removed a part before the problem started, review the
installation procedures and ensure that the part is correctly installed.
• If a peripheral device does not work, ensure that the device is properly
• If an error message appears on the screen, write down the exact message.
This message may help support personnel diagnose and fix the problem(s).
• If an error message occurs in a program, see the program's documentation.
Note: The procedures in this document were written for the Windows
default view, so they may not apply if you set your Lenovo
the Windows Classic view.
5.1 Troubleshooting Display Problems
Problem: Blank screen or no image is displayed on the monitor
Troubleshooting and problem resolution:
1. Check that the monitor has been turned on; if not, press the Power button.
2. Check to see if the monitor power cord is loose; if so, securely plug the power
cord to the monitor.
3. Check that the signal cable to the monitor is securely connected to the
connector on the computer graphics card; if not, shut down the computer then
securely connect the signal cable of the monitor.
Problem: You need to change display property settings.
Setting display background and icon properties:
1. Right-click the desktop anywhere except over an icon, then select Personalize
from the pop-up menu.
2. From here, select the appropriate options to:
• Change the desktop background
• Select a screen saver
• Select colors and appearance options for icons and characters
• Set resolution and colors by using Display Settings options.