Revision C 16/01/96
For large-scale graphic images it is more efficient to use vector graphics. In Laserjet 4 emulation mode you can set
up the page area on which to print vector graphics images. The vector graphics capabilities of this HL Series
printer working in HP-GL/2 mode are described in the HP-GL/2 section of this manual.
Enter HP-GL/2 mode
• This command enters HP-GL/2 graphics mode.
• # = 0 the cursor is positioned at the previous HP-GL/2 cursor position. If this is the first time you have
switched to HP-GL/2 mode since switching the printer on, the cursor is placed at the origin of the HP-GL/2
• # = 1 the cursor remains at its current position.
The picture frame
The PCL picture frame is the rectangular area of the page on which you can print graphic images. You can
position and size the picture frame to suit your requirements and achieve effects such as scaling or distortion of
vector graphics images.
The default picture frame
The default picture frame size and position is determined by the default logical page size and text length for each
given paper size.
Set picture frame anchor point
• This command sets the anchor point (top left hand corner) of the picture frame to the current cursor position.
Set picture frame vertical size
• This command sets the vertical size of the picture frame.
• # is the height of the picture frame in decipoints.
Set picture frame horizontal size
• This command sets the horizontal size of the picture frame.
• # is the width of the picture frame in decipoints.
Chapter 2 "PCL" - 87