Symbol LS9208 Product Reference Guide
Scanning in Single-Line Mode
Install and program your scanner. (Refer to each host chapter and
Chapter 13, Advanced Data Formatting
you need assistance, contact your local supplier or call the Global Customer Interaction
1. Ensure all connections are secure. (Refer to the host chapter for your scanner.)
2. Pick up the scanner. Press and then release the trigger. A single scan line
3. Ensure the scan line crosses every bar and space of the symbol.
4. Depress and hold the trigger until either:
The scanner reads the bar code. The scanner beeps, the LED flashes and the
laser turns off.
The scanner does not read the barcode and the laser turns off.
5. Release the trigger. This causes the aim scan line to reappear. To read another bar
code in single-line mode, repeat steps 2, 3 and 4. This step can be repeated as
often as desired.
6. After a programmable time period, the omni-directional scan pattern displays. This
indicates the scanner is ready to read bar codes without use of the trigger.
7. For more information on beeper definitions, refer to
Chapter 12, Miscellaneous Scanner
for instructions on programming your scanner.) If
for contact information.
Figure 2-2. Scanning in Hand-Held Mode
Chapter 4, User