This section of the Settings screen contains settings for
Motions and gestures, Voice control, Accessory, Date and
time, Accessibility, and About phone.
Motions and Gestures
The Motions and Gestures settings allow you to set up
various Motion activation services. For more information on
using gestures, see "Using Motions and Gestures" on
From the Settings screen, touch Motions and gestures.
Motion allows you to control your device by performing
1. From the Motions and gestures screen, touch Motion.
DRAFT - For Internal Use Only
2. Touch the OFF/ON button at the top of the screen to turn
Touch the OFF/ON button next to each of the following
options to turn the option ON
• Direct call: The device dials the currently displayed on-screen
Contact entry as soon as you place the device to your ear.
• Smart alert: Pickup the device to be alerted and notified if you
have missed any calls or messages.
• Zoom: You must be on a screen where content can be
zoomed. In a single motion, touch and hold two points on the
display then tilt the device back and forth to zoom in or out.
• Move an icon: Move an icon from one page to another by
moving the device to the left or right while holding the
• Browse an image: Touch and hold a desired on-screen image
to pan around it. Move the device left or right to pan vertically or
up and down to pan horizontally.
• Mute/pause: Mute incoming calls and any playing sounds by
turning the device display down on a surface.