This section of the Settings screen lets you manage the
personal settings for your device.
The Location services settings allow you to set up how the
phone will determine your location and the sensor settings
for your phone.
1. From the Settings screen, touch Location services.
2. Touch any of the following options to create a check
mark and activate the service:
• Access to my location: Allows apps that have asked your
permission to use your location information. Touch the OFF/ON
button to turn it ON
• E911: View only field. You cannot turn off E911 Location on any
• GPS & Verizon location services: Uses the services provided
by Verizon Wireless.
• Google Wi-Fi & mobile network location: Allows applications
to use Google's location service to faster estimate your location.
Anonymous location data is collected and sent to Google.
DRAFT - For Internal Use Only
• My places: Allows you to add location information for your
Home, Office, and Car.
Choose settings for unlocking your screen. For more
information about using the lock and unlock features, see
"Locking and Unlocking the Touch Screen" on page 14.
1. From the Settings screen, touch Lock screen
The following options display:
• Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it.
• Face unlock: Look at your phone to unlock it.
• Face and voice: Look at your phone and speak to unlock.
• Pattern: A screen unlock pattern is a touch gesture you create
and use to unlock your device. Follow the prompts to create or
change your screen unlock pattern.
• PIN: Select a PIN to use for unlocking the screen.
• Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen.
• None: No pattern, PIN, or password is required. The screen will