Wi-Fi Direct allows device-to-device connections so you can
transfer large amounts of data over a Wi-Fi connection.
Note: See your service plan for applicable charges for
1. From a Home screen, touch
2. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn Wi-Fi ON
3. At the bottom of the Wi-Fi screen, touch Wi-Fi Direct.
4. Repeat Steps 1 - 3 on the other device with which you
want to connect.
The steps on the other device may vary depending on
the device. Refer to the documentation for that device.
5. On your phone, touch Scan.
The device scans for other Wi-Fi Direct devices.
6. Once the device you want to connect to displays,
7. The other device has 2 minutes to touch Accept for the
connection to be made.
DRAFT - For Internal Use Only
8. Once connected, the other device will show as
Connected in your list of Wi-Fi Direct devices and the
icon will display at the top of your screen.
9. For additional information about Wi-Fi Direct, touch
Sharing Information with Connected Device
To share Videos, Photos, or other information with the
connected device, follow these steps:
1. View the information that you want to share. For
example, if you want to share a photo, find the photo in
your camera viewer or My Files folder, then touch the
Share, Share via, or Send via option.
2. Touch the Wi-Fi Direct option.
3. Touch the connected device name. For example,
4. Touch Done.
5. The file is transferred and the other device will receive
a screen notification that a Wi-Fi file has been
received. The file can be found in My Files
Device storage in the ShareViaWifi folder.