Energy saving operation (Pr. 60) <V/F>
5.5 Energy saving operation (Pr. 60)
Without a detailed parameter setting, the inverter can automatically perform energy saving operation.
This operation is appropriate for fan and pump applications.
Use Optimum excitation control when connecting one motor to one inverter. Use Energy saving operation when
connecting several motors to one inverter.
Energy saving control selection
Energy saving operation (setting "4")
· When "4" is set in Pr. 60, the inverter performs the energy saving operation.
· In the energy saving operation, the inverter automatically controls the output voltage to minimize the inverter
output voltage during a constant operation.
· For applications a large load torque is applied to or machines repeat frequent acceleration/deceleration, an energy saving
effect is not expected.
Optimum excitation control (setting "9")
· When "9" is set in Pr. 60, the inverter performs the Optimum excitation control.
· The Optimum excitation control is a control method which controls excitation current to improve the motor
efficiency to maximum and determines output voltage as an energy saving method.
· When the motor capacity is too small as compared to the inverter capacity or two or more motors are connected to one
inverter, the energy saving effect is not expected.
· When the energy saving operation and Optimum excitation control are selected, deceleration time may be longer than the
setting value. Since overvoltage alarm tends to occur as compared to the constant-torque load characteristics, set a longer
· The energy saving operation and Optimum excitation control are available only under V/F control.
When a value other than "9999" is set in Pr. 80 Motor capacity, the energy saving operation and Optimum excitation control
are not available.
(For Simple magnetic flux vector control, refer to Chapter 4 of
To check the energy saving effect, refer to Chapter 4 of
saving effect monitor.
< V / F >
Energy saving operation
Optimum excitation control
the Instruction Manual (Applied).)
the Instruction Manual (Applied) and check the energy