(2) Measuring method of life of the main circuit capacitor
If the value of capacitor capacity measured before shipment is considered as 100%, Pr. 255 bit1 is turned ON when
the measured value falls below 85%.
Measure the capacitor capacity according to the following procedure and check the deterioration level of the
1) Check that the motor is connected and at a stop.
2) Set "1" (measuring start) in Pr. 259
3) Switch power OFF. The inverter applies DC voltage to the motor to measure the capacitor capacity while the
inverter is OFF.
4) After confirming that the LED of the operation panel is OFF, power ON again.
5) Check that "3" (measuring completion) is set in Pr. 259, then read Pr. 258 and check the life of the main circuit
When the main circuit capacitor life is measured under the following conditions, "forced end" (Pr. 259 = "8") or "measuring error"
(Pr. 259 = "9") occurs or it remains in "measuring start" (Pr. 259 = "1").
When measuring, avoid the following conditions to perform. In addition, even when "measurement completion" (Pr. 259 = "3") is
confirmed under the following conditions, normal measurement cannot be done.
(a)FR-HC, MT-HC, FR-CV, MT-RC or sine wave filter is connected.
(b)Terminal R1/L11, S1/L21 or DC power supply is connected to the terminals P/+ and N/−.
(c)Switch power ON during measuring.
(d)The motor is not connected to the inverter.
(e)The motor is running.(The motor is coasting.)
(f)The motor capacity is two rank smaller as compared to the inverter capacity.
(g)The inverter is at an alarm stop or an alarm occurred while power is OFF.
(h)The inverter output is shut off with the MRS signal.
(i)The start command is given while measuring.
· Operating environment:Surrounding air temperature (annual average 40°C (free from corrosive gas, flammable gas, oil mist,
dust and dirt))
Output current (80% of the inverter rated current)
For the accurate life measuring of the main circuit capacitor, perform after more than 3h passed since the turn OFF
of the power as it is affected by the capacitor temperature.
When measuring the main circuit capacitor capacity (Pr. 259 Main circuit capacitor life measuring = "1"), the DC voltage is
applied to the motor for 1s at powering OFF. Never touch the motor terminal, etc. right after powering OFF to prevent
an electric shock.