AM (MW/LW) Antenna Connections
Outdoor single vinyl-covered wire (not supplied)
Turn the loop until you have the best reception.
• If the AM (MW/LW) loop antenna wire is covered with vinyl,
remove the vinyl by twisting it as shown in the diagram.
• Make sure the antenna conductors do not touch any other
terminals, connecting cords and power cord. This could cause poor
• If reception is poor, connect an outdoor single vinyl-covered wire to
the AM EXT terminal. (Keep the AM (MW/LW) loop antenna
Connecting the Speakers
You can connect the following speakers:
• Two pairs of front speakers to produce normal stereo sound.
• One pair of rear speakers to enjoy the surround effect.
• One center speaker to produce more effective surround effect (to
emphasize human voices).
• One subwoofer to enhance the bass.
After connecting the speakers listed above, set the speaker
setting information properly to obtain the best possible
Surround and DSP effect. For details, see page 17.
For each speaker (except for a subwoofer), connect the (+) and (–)
terminals on the rear panel to the (+) and (–) terminals marked on
the speakers. For connecting a subwoofer, see page 5.
Use speakers with the SPEAKER IMPEDANCE indicated by the
Snap the tabs on the loop into the
slots of the base to assemble the
AM (MW/LW) loop.
Basic connecting procedure
1 Cut, twist and remove the insulation at the end of
each speaker signal cable (not supplied).
2 Turn the knob counterclockwise.
3 Insert the speaker signal cable.
4 Turn the knob clockwise.
Connecting the front speakers
You can connect two pairs of front speakers (one pair to the FRONT
SPEAKERS 1 terminals, and another pair to the FRONT
SPEAKERS 2 terminals).
FRONT SPEAKERS 1
FRONT SPEAKERS 2
CAUTION : SPEAKER IMPEDANCE