Certain areas of your dishwasher require occasional
maintenance. The maintenance tasks are easy to do and
will ensure continued superior performance from your
Wiping up Spills and Splash-outs
Water may occasionally splash out of your dishwasher,
especially if you interrupt a cycle or open the dishwasher
door during a cycle. To avoid floor damage and possible
mold growth, do not allow wet areas to remain around or
under the dishwasher.
Clean the Stainless Steel Inner Door and Tub
Clean the outer edges of the inside door panel regularly
to remove debris that might collect from normal loading.
If spots begin to appear on the stainless steel tub or inner
door, make sure the rinse agent reservoir is full.
Clean the drain air gap
Clean the drain air gap periodically to ensure proper
drainage of your dishwasher. With most types you lift off
the chrome cover. Unscrew the plastic cap. Then check for
any soil buildup. Clean if necessary.
Check and clean the Spray arm nozzles
Occasionally check the spray arms to ensure that the spray
arm nozzles (holes) are unobstructed. You must remove the
spray arms to check them for obstruction.
To remove the top spray arm:
1. Remove the empty top rack from the dishwasher.
2. Turn the rack upside down. The top spray arm is held
in position by a locking nut as shown above. Turn the
locking nut counter-clockwise and remove it as shown
above to release the spray arm.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
3. Remove the spray arm as shown above.
4. Look for obstruction in the spray nozzles.
5. If the spray nozzles need cleaning, flush them under
To reinstall the top spray arm:
1. Return the top spray arm to its installed position.
2. Return the locking nut to its installed position and turn it
1/8 turn clockwise.
3. Return the top rack to the top rack roller guides.
To avoid injury, do not reach into the large object trap
with your fingers. The large object trap could contain sharp
To remove the bottom spray arm:
1. Remove the empty bottom rack from the dishwasher
2. Grasp and lift the bottom spray arm as shown below.
3. Look for obstruction in the spray nozzles.
4. If the spray nozzles need cleaning, flush them under
To reinstall the bottom spray arm:
1. Return the bottom spray arm to its installed position and
press it so that it snaps into place.
2. Return the bottom rack to its installed position.
Check and clean the filter system
This dishwasher has a filter system that consists of a Large
Object Trap/Cylinder Filter assembly and a Fine Filter.
Select models have an additional Micro Filter.
The filter system is located on the inside of your dishwasher
under the lower rack and is easily accessible. During normal
use, the filter system is self-cleaning. You should occasionally
inspect it for foreign objects and clean it when necessary.