10) When rewiring after operation, make sure that the POWER lamp has gone off, and when more than 10
minutes have elapsed after power-off, check with a tester that the voltage is zero. After that, start rewiring
work. For some time after power-off, there is a dangerous voltage in the capacitor.
11) Use the space on the left-hand side of the main circuit terminal block to run the cable for connection of
the control circuit power terminals R1, S1 〈L
Do not use residual current protective device as the only protection against indirect contact.
Protective earth connection essential.
Do not connect more than 2 wires on the protective earth terminal.
Use contactor and no fuse breaker EN/IEC standard compliant.
Use transformer or surge absorber EN/IEC standard compliant.
Notes on Grounding
• Leakage currents flow in the inverter. To prevent an electric shock, the inverter and motor must be
grounded (200V class...class 3 grounding, grounding resistance 100Ω maximum), (400V class... special
class 3 grounding, grounding resistance 10Ω or less.).
• Use the dedicated ground terminal to ground the inverter. (Do not use the screw in the case, chassis,
• The ground cable should be as thick as possible.
Its gauge should be equal to or larger than those
indicated in the following table. The grounding
point should be as near as possible to the inverter
to minimize the ground cable length.
• Ground the motor on the inverter side using one
wire of the 4-core cable.
Artisan Technology Group - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisantg.com
INSTALLATION AND WIRING
〉 of the FR-A520-11K.
Screw size (M5)
3.7kW (5HP) or less
5.5k, 7.5Kw (7.5HP, 10HP)
11 to 15Kw (15 to 20HP)
18.5 to 37kW (25 to 50HP)
45, 55Kw (60, 75HP)
Ground Cable Gauge