( 3 ) Operation procedure
1) Operation procedure for running
Switch power on.
Start, inverter operation
commercial power supply operation
Deceleration (stop), inverter operation
2) Signal on-off after parameter setting
Note: 1. This function is only activated when R1 and S1 are connected to a different power supply (power
supply which is not connected to MC1).
2. This function is only valid in the external operation or PU (speed command) and external (run
command) operation mode when the Pr. 135 value is other than "0". When the Pr. 135 value is
other than "0" in the operation mode other than the above, MC1 and MC3 switch on.
3. MC3 is on when the MRS and CS signals are on and STR is off, but when the motor run by the
commercial power supply was coasted to a stop at the last time, it restarts after the time set in
Pr. 137 has elapsed.
4. Inverter operation is enabled when the MRS, STF and CS signals switch on. In other cases (MRS
is on), commercial power supply operation is performed.
5. When the CS signal is switched off, the motor is switched over to commercial power supply
operation. Note that when the STF (STR) signal is switched off, the motor is decelerated to a stop
by the inverter.
6. When both MC2 and MC3 are off and MC2 or MC3 is then switched on, the motor restarts after
the waiting time set in Pr. 136 has elapsed.
7. If the Pr. 135 setting is other than 0, the Pr. 136 and Pr. 137 settings are ignored in the PU
Also, the inverter's input terminals (STF, CS, MRS, OH) return to their ordinary functions.
8. When the commercial power supply-inverter switch-over sequence is selected, the PU operation
interlock function (Pr. 79 = 7) is not activated if it has been set.
9. When the terminal functions are changed using Pr. 180 to Pr. 186 and/or Pr. 190 to Pr. 195, the
other functions may be affected. Confirm the functions of the corresponding terminals before
Pr. 140 to Pr. 143 Î Refer to Pr. 29.
Pr. 144 Î Refer to Pr. 37.
Pr. 148, Pr. 149 Î Refer to Pr. 22.
Artisan Technology Group - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisantg.com
Pr. 135 = "1" (inverter's open collector output terminals)
Pr. 136 = "2.0 s"
Pr. 137 = "1.0 s" (Set the value equal to or longer than the time
from when MC3 switches on actually until the inverter and
motor are connected. If it is shorter, restart may not function properly.
Pr. 57 = "0.5 s"
Pr. 58 = "0.5 s" (Always set this parameter when commercial power
supply operation is switched to inverter operation.)
External operation mode
(PU operation mode)
After MC3 switches off,
MC2 switches on.
(Motor coasts during this
Waiting time 2 seconds.
After MC2 switches off,
MC3 switches on.
(Motor coasts during this
Waiting time 4 seconds.