The use of snow tyres is recommended for driving on snow and
ice. To preserve driving stability, mount snow tyres of the same
size and tread pattern on all four wheels.
A snow tyre that is worn down more than 50% is no longer
appropriate to use.
Snow tyres which do not meet specifications must not be used.
● Observe permissible maximum speed for your snow
tyres and the legal speed limit.
● The laws and regulations concerning snow tyres (driving
speed, required use, type, etc.) vary. Find out and follow
the laws and regulations in driving area.
● If flange nuts are used on your vehicle, change to tapered
nuts when steel wheels are used.
If tyre chains have to be used, ensure that they are fitted only
on the drive wheels (front) in accordance with the manufac-
Use only tyre chains which are designed for use with the tyres
mounted on the vehicle: use of the incorrect size or type of
chain could result in damage to the vehicle body.
Contact a MITSUBISHI MOTORS Authorised Service Point
before putting on tyre chains. The max chain height is as fol-
When driving with tyre chains on the tyres, do not drive faster
than 50 km/h (31 mph). When you reach roads that are not cov-
ered in snow, immediately remove the tyre chains.
● Practice fitting the chains before you need them.
Don't expect help from other people in the cold.
● Choose a clear straight stretch of road where you
can pull off and still be seen while you are fitting the
● Do not fit chains before you need them. This will
wear out your tyres and the road surface.
● After driving around 100-300 meters (109-328
yard), stop and retighten the chains.
Max chain height
18 x 7.0 JJ
16 x 6.5 JJ