SECTION 16: Cavitron
This troubleshooting section is meant for use by qualified Cavitron
JET Plus™ does not
power up: pilot light does not
Slo-Blo Fuses good. No power
Slo-Blo Fuse F3 and/or F4
Low insert scaling power or
insert stops vibrating when
contacting tooth surface.
1. Faulty wall outlet.
2. Damaged power cord.
3. Fuse F3 and/or F4 blown.
4. Damaged On/Off switch.
1. Unit is installed in a confined area
(such as a cabinet), or is too
close to a heat source to insure
proper air circulation around unit.
1. Short in Power supply assembly.
2. Short in Power Drive PC Board
1. Insert malfunction.
2. Insert is not pushed in far enough
for automatic pick-up.
3. Unit improperly calibrated.
Troubleshooting and Analysis
1. Check wall outlet and if faulty take necessary
2. Replace the power cord.
3. Replace internal fuses F3 and F4 with specified
4. Replace the On/Off switch.
1. Provide adequate air circulation around unit.
1. Replace the Power Supply assembly.
2. Replace the Power Drive PC Board assembly.
1. Test with another Cavitron
works properly, discard the original insert.
2. a. Check if insert is fully seated in the handpiece.
b. Verify that the soft nozzle grip is flush with the
hard plastic of the insert port. The soft nozzle
grip is a user replaceable part which should
be changed if worn or leaking.
3. a. Return the Cavitron
b. Refer to DENTSPLY
Product Service SOP PS-154.
insert. If test insert
JET Plus™ unit to
for factory certified service.