The junction box has fuses, relays and diodes. The relays and diodes
can not be removed.
• Remove the seat, and pull out the junction box [A].
• Unhook, and remove the fuse cover [B] from the junction box.
• Pull the fuses straight off with needle nose pliers.
Fuse Installation Note
.Install the specified fuses [A] in place in the junction box in accord-
ance with the arrangement plan on the back of fuse cover.
• Remove the fuse from the junction box .
• Inspect the fuse element [A].
*If it is blown out [B], replace the fuse.
OBefore replacing a blown fuse, always check the amperage in the
affected circuit. If the amperage is equal to or greater than the fuse
rating, check the wiring and related components for a short circuit.
When replacing a fuse, be sure the new fuse matches the specified
fuse rating for that circuit. Installation of a fuse with a high rating may
cause damage to wiring and components.
Fuse Circuit Inspection
.Check all fuses, and replace any fuses whose elements are blown out.
• Remove the junction box.
• Make sure all connector terminals are clean and tight, and none of
them have been bent.
*Clean the dirty terminals, and straighten slightly-bent terminals.
• Check conductivity of the numbered terminals with a hand tester.
* If the tester does not read as specified, replace the junction box.
Special Tool - Hand Tester: 57001-983
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM 15-45