S 2xx, S 3xx & S 4xx Canister Vacuums
The power cord supplies power to the built-in socket. For models S 238i and S
240i it is also used to control suction power.
1. Remove the plug housing screws (Phillips) (Figure 5-31, Item 1), pull off
the bumper strip, if applicable (Figure 5-31, Item 2) and remove the plastic
strip from the underside of the vacuum.
2. Disconnect the power cord at the terminal block or the sensor (S 280i).
Figure 5-31: S 27x Power Cord Removal
1. Remove the cord reel (Section 5.16).
2. Pull out and unwind the power cord (Figure 5-32, Item 1).
3. Block the drum securely to prevent it from rewinding.
4. Remove the 2 screws securing the upper part of the cord reel (Figure 5-32,
5. Ease open the retaining lugs (Figure 5-32, Item 3) and remove the upper
part of the cord reel.
6. Remove the power cord.
Figure 5-32: S 3xx Power Cord Removal