• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised repair
• Before use, check the power supply cord for
signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power supply
cord or mains plug is damaged or defective.
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be repaired by
an authorised repair agent in order to avoid a
hazard. Do not cut the power supply cord
and do not attempt to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those specified in this
Before use, check that the mains voltage
corresponds to the voltage on the rating plate.
This product must be earthed.
Always check that the mains
voltage corresponds to the
voltage on the rating plate.
Appliance plugs must match the outlet. Never
modify the plug in any way. Do not use any
adapter plugs with earthed (Class 1) appliances.
Unmodified plugs and matching outlets will
reduce the risk of electric shock.
Extension cables & class 1
• A 3 core cable must be used as your tool is
earthed and of class 1 construction.
• Up to 30m (100 ft) can be used without loss
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorised Black & Decker Service Centre in
order to avoid a hazard.
• Additional safety instructions for coffee
Warning! The lid may become hot during use.
Warning! Steam may escape from the unit.
• Allow the appliance to cool before fitting or
removing any parts and before cleaning.
• During use, the carafe and the hotplate can
get very hot.
• Do not use the appliance if the carafe shows
any sign of cracks.
• Do not immerse the appliance in liquid.
Warning! Never use the appliance without water
in the reservoir.
Before first use
• Unpack the coffee maker and remove all
packaging, promotional materials and
stickers. Remove all printed documents.
• Check that your mains supply is the same as
the one indicated on the appliance.
• Position the appliance on a flat, stable work
surface, away from the edge and other
electrical appliances. Ensure that the coffee
maker is not positioned under any cupboards
or near any furnishings, wallpaper or similar
that could be damaged by hot steam.
• Wash all removable parts of the appliance in
warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly
with a soft cloth. Do not use harsh/abrasive
cleaners or place any part of the appliance in