SAFE SERVICING PRACTICES - ALL APPLIANCES
To avoid personal injury and/or property damage, it is important that Safe
Servicing Practices be observed. The following are some limited examples of
1. DO NOT attempt a product repair if you have any doubts as to your ability to
complete it in a safe and satisfactory manner.
2. Before servicing or moving an appliance:
Remove the power cord from the electrical outlet, trip the circuit breaker to
the OFF position, or remove the fuse.
Turn off the gas supply.
Turn off the water supply.
3. Never interfere with the proper operation of any safety device.
4. USE ONLY REPLACEMENT PARTS CATALOGED FOR THIS APPLIANCE.
SUBSTITUTIONS MAY DEFEAT COMPLIANCE WITH SAFETY
STANDARDS SET FOR HOME APPLIANCES.
5. GROUNDING: The standard color coding for safety ground wires is GREEN,
or GREEN with YELLOW STRIPES. Ground leads are not to be used as current
carrying conductors. It is EXTREMELY important that the service technician
reestablish all safety grounds prior to completion of service. Failure to do so
will create a hazard.
6. Prior to returning the product to service, ensure that:
All electrical connections are correct and secure
All electrical leads are properly dressed and secured away from sharp
edges, high-temperature components, and moving parts
All non-insulated electrical terminals, connectors, heaters, etc. are
adequately spaced away from all metal parts and panels
All safety grounds (both internal and external) are correctly and securely
All panels are properly and securely reassembled
This service manual is intended for use by persons having electrical and mechanical
training and a level of knowledge of these subjects generally considered acceptable in
the appliance repair trade. Electrolux Home Products cannot be responsible, nor assume
any liability, for injury or damage of any kind arising from the use of this manual.