1. If handle trim has not been factory installed,
slide right edge of handle trim under right edge
of trim retainer. Verify rib on right inside edge of
handle trim fits into trim retainer notch. Snap outside
edge of handle trim over outside edge of trim
2. Install handle on freezer door as shown. Verify
freezer handle is angled inward towards opposite
side of freezer. Secure handle to freezer door with
screws provided. Verify screws are secure.
3. Slide end caps over ends of handle until end
caps snap in place. End cap marked L goes on
top end of handle. End cap marked R goes on
bottom end of handle.
1. Install leveling legs under front corners behind toe
2. Level freezer side to side and tilt freezer
front to back. Turn legs clockwise to raise freezer and
counterclockwise to lower freezer. If freezer cannot
be level due to flooring, use shims under rear of
freezer cabinet to level freezer.
3. Check freezer 2 or 3 weeks after loading with food
and confirm freezer is level.
Test After Installation
1. For proper compressor operation, voltage must be
measured at the compressor terminals at the
moment of starting. Voltage must be in the range
shown on Freezer Wiring Diagram.
2. Check freezer is reasonably level.
3. Check lid gasket seal.
4. Be sure light(s) work.
5. Check lock.
6. Wipe off any dirt and smudges.
©2004 Maytag Services