Motorcycle Radio Installation Installation Overview
The following installation procedures refer to
the mounting hardware used in each procedure are provided in parts lists located in the exploded
views located in the APX Mobile Basic Service Manual (Motorola publication part number
6881096C73). Those parts supplied by Motorola are contained in one of the following kits:
• Motorcycle Weather-Resistant Microphone
• Motorcycle Weather-Resistant Speaker with Mute Switch
• Motorcycle Weather-Resistant Speaker with Keypad Mic
• Motorcycle Hardware Kit SECURENET or Motorcycle Hardware Kit
• Motorcycle Power Cable Kit
• Motorcycle Mounting Kit
• Weather-Resistant Enclosure (Black)
Order of Installation
Before starting the installation, familiarize yourself with the mounting hardware (see
1. Install the universal mounting plate on the motorcycle.
2. Install the control head and speaker.
3. Install the microphone hang-up clip.
4. Install antenna base and cable onto enclosure.
5. Install the cables.
6. Install the weather-resistant enclosure on the universal mounting plate.
7. Route the cables inside the weather-resistant enclosure.
8. Install the transceiver in the weather-resistant enclosure.
9. Install the antenna(s) on the enclosure.
5-17). Perform the installation procedures in the order that follows.
5-17. Detailed descriptions of