3.4.1 Basic Principle
The printing process consists broadly of 5 processes: electrification, exposure, development,
transfer and fusing.
1. Charging: The surface of an exposure drum is electrically charged.
2. Exposure: A printed image is formed on the surface of the drum by applying laser beam.
3. Development: Toner is adhered to the surface of the drum.
4. Transfer: The toner on the surface of the exposure drum is transferred to paper.
5. Fusing: The transferred toner is fused into place on the paper.
After these processes, the image is printed on the paper.