Can shock, burn,
or cause death.
on pump or motor.
Pump should only be serviced by qualified personnel.
For best results, use only genuine Sta-Rite factory parts.
Be sure to prime pump (Page 9) before starting.
Before removing trap cover:
1. STOP PUMP before proceeding.
2. CLOSE GATE VALVES in suction and discharge pipes.
3. RELEASE ALL PRESSURE from pump and piping system.
To avoid dangerous or fatal electrical shock hazard, turn OFF power to
motor before working on pump or motor.
Aside from lubricating trap cover "O" Ring, no lubrication or regular mainte-
nance is needed beyond reasonable care and periodic cleaning of strainer
If shaft seal is worn or damaged, repair as follows:
Pump Dissasembly/Removing Old Seal
Disconnect power to pump motor.
Be sure valves on suction and return piping are closed before starting
Release all pressure by opening all vents before starting work.
1. Drain pump by removing drain plugs on bottom of pump body and trap
2. Be sure there is no pressure in trap body; remove cover (unscrew by turn-
3. Remove 6 nuts, lockwashers and flat washers holding seal plate to pump
body. Pull seal plate and motor away from pump body. (You may have to
CAREFULLY use a screwdriver to separate body from seal plate.)
4. Remove seven screws and washers holding diffuser to seal plate. Remove
5. Remove motor canopy. Being careful not to touch capacitor terminals,
loosen capacitor clamp and move capacitor to one side.
6. Hold shaft with 7/16" open-end wrench on motor shaft flats.
7. Unscrew impeller from shaft (turn counterclockwise when facing it).
NOTICE: On 2 HP model, remove impeller screw (left hand thread -
turn clockwise) and gasket before removing impeller. Inspect gasket for
damage, cracks, etc. Replace if damaged.
8. Remove four screws holding seal plate to motor.
9. Place seal plate face down on flat surface and tap out ceramic seat
10. Remove slinger from motor shaft and inspect for damage or abrasion.
11. Clean seal cavity in seal plate and clean motor shaft.