IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
For your safety the information in this manual must be followed to minimize the risk of ﬁ re or explosion or to prevent
property damage, personal injury or loss of life. Do not store or use gasoline or other ﬂ ammable vapors and liquids in
the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
WARNING - RISK OF FIRE
Read all of the following instructions before installing and using this appliance:
• Destroy the carton and plastic bags after the laundry center is unpacked. Children might use them for play. Cartons
covered with rugs, bedspreads, or plastic sheets can become airtight chambers causing suffocation. Place all mate-
rials in a garbage container or make materials inaccessible to children.
• Clothes dryer installation and service must be performed by a qualiﬁ ed installer, service agency or the gas supplier.
• Install the appliance according to the manufacturer's instructions and local codes.
• The electrical service to the appliance must conform with local codes and ordinances and the latest edition of the
National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, or in Canada, the Canadian electrical code C22.1 part 1.
• The gas service to the dryer must conform with local codes and ordinances and the latest edition of the National
Fuel Gas Code ANSI Z223.1, or in Canada, CAN/ACG B149.1-2000. An individual manual shut-off valve must be
installed within 6 ft (1.83 m) of the dryer in accordance with the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54.
• The laundry center is designed under ANSI Z 21.5.1 or ANSI/UL 2158 - CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 112 (latest editions) for
HOME USE only. This dryer is not recommended for commercial applications such as restaurants, beauty salons, etc.
• Do not install a clothes dryer with ﬂ exible plastic or ﬂ exible foil venting material. Flexible venting materials are
known to collapse, be easily crushed and trap lint. These conditions will obstruct clothes dryer airﬂ ow and increase
the risk of ﬁ re.
• The instructions in this manual and all other literature included with this appliance are not meant to cover every
possible condition and situation that may occur. Good safe practice and caution MUST be applied when installing,
operating and maintaining any appliance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
• Do not try to light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switch; do not use any phone in
• Clear the room, building or area of all occupants.
• Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor's phone.
Follow the gas supplier's instructions.
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the ﬁ re department.
Tools and materials needed for installation:
• Adjustable pliers
• Phillips, straight, & square bit
• Adjustable wrench
• Pipe wrench for gas supply (gas
• LP-resistant thread tape (for natu-
ral gas or LP supply, gas dryer)
• Carpenter's level
• External vent hood
• 4-inch (102 mm), rigid metal or
semi-rigid metal exhaust duct work
• 3-wire or 4-wire 240 volt cord kit
• 4 in. (10.2 cm) clamp
EXCESSIVE WEIGHT HAZARD
To avoid back or other injury, have more than
one person move or lift the appliance.
Save these instructions for
• Gas line shutoff valve (gas dryer)
• ½ NPT union ﬂ are adapters (x2)
and ﬂ exible gas supply line (gas
• Metal foil tape (not duct tape)