Limited Warranty (U.S.)
What your warranty covers:
• Defects in materials or workmanship.
For how long after your purchase:
• One year from date of purchase for labor and parts
• The warranty period for rental units begins with the first
rental or 45 days from date of shipment to the rental firm,
whichever comes first.
What we will do:
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center the labor
charges to repair your unit.
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center for the new
or, at our option, refurbished replacement parts required to
repair your unit.
How you get service:
• Take your unit to any Authorized RCA Audio Service
Center. To identify your nearest Authorized RCA Audio
Service Center, ask your dealer, look in the Yellow Pages, or
• Show the Authorized Service Center Representative your
evidence of purchase date or first rental.
• Pick up your unit when repairs are completed.
• Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted
invoice which is evidence that the product is within the
warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty
service. For rental firms, proof of first rental is also required.
What your warranty does not cover:
• Customer instruction. (Your Owner's Manual describes
how to install, adjust, and operate your unit. Any additional
information should be obtained from your dealer.)
• Installation and related adjustments.
• Signal reception problems not caused by your unit.
• Damage from misuse or neglect.
• Cleaning of audio heads.
• A unit that has been modified or incorporated into other
products or is used for institutional or other commercial
• A unit purchased or serviced outside the U.S.A.
• Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning
• Please complete and mail the Product Registration Card
packed with your product. It will make it easier to contact
you should it ever be necessary. The return of the card is
not required for warranty coverage.
Limitation of Warranty:
• THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WAR-
RANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. ALL OTHER
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ALL
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE HEREBY
DISCLAIMED. NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION
GIVEN BY THOMSON INC., ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES
SHALL CREATE A GUARANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE
THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
• REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS
WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CON-
SUMER. THOMSON INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING
FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF
ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY
ON THIS PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
AND LIMITED WARRANTY ARE GOVERNED BY THE
LAWS OF THE STATE OF INDIANA. EXCEPT TO THE
EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO
THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH
How State Law relates to warranty:
• Some states do not allow the exclusion nor limitation of
incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how
long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or
exclusions may not apply to you.
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also
may have other rights that vary from state to state.
If you purchased your unit outside the United States:
• This warranty does not apply. Contact your dealer for
Service calls which do not involve defective materials
or workmanship are not covered by this warranty.
Costs of such service calls are the sole responsibility
of the purchaser.