READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using
the washer, follow basic precautions, including the following:
• Read all instructions before using the washer.
• Do not wash articles that have been previously
cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or spotted with
gasoline, dry cleaning solvents, or other
flammable or explosive substances, as they give
off vapors that could ignite or explode.
• Do not add gasoline, dry cleaning solvents, or
other flammable or explosive substances to the
wash water. These substances give off vapors
that could ignite or explode.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not
been used for 2 weeks or more. HYDROGEN
GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system
has not been used for such a period, before
using the washing machine, turn on all hot water
faucets and let the water flow from each for
several minutes. This will release any
accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is
flammable, do not smoke or use an open flame
during this time.
• Do not allow children to play on or in the washer.
Close supervision of children is necessary when
the washer is used near children.
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of malfunction or breakdown, grounding will reduce the risk
of electric shock by providing a path of least resistance for electric current. This appliance is equipped with
a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an
appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinance.
• Do not use an adapter or extension cord.
• Do not remove ground prong.
• If you don't have the proper outlet, consult an electrician.
mproper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in risk of electric
shock. Check with a qualified electrician or serviceman if you are in doubt as to whether the appliance
is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance - if it does not fit the outlet,
have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
For your safety, the information in this manual must be followed to minimize
the risk of fire or explosion, electric shock, or to prevent property damage,
personal injury, or loss of life.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
• Before the washer is removed from service or
discarded, remove the door to prevent children
from hiding inside.
• Do not install or store the washer where it will be
exposed to the weather.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not repair or replace any part of the washer
or attempt any servicing unless specifically
recommended in the user-maintenance
instructions or published user-repair instructions
that you understand and have the skills to carry
• See Installation Instructions for grounding
• ALWAYS follow the fabric care instructions
supplied by the garment manufacturer.
• Do not place items exposed to cooking oil in
your washer. Items contaminated with cooking
oils may contribute to a chemical reaction that
could cause a load to catch fire.
• Do not use fabric softeners or products to
eliminate static unless recommended by the
manufacturer of the fabric softener or product.