Size and Resolution
Shooting Functions >
The camera saves photos in either the JPEG or RAW format.
Photos captured by a camera are often transformed to the JPEG format
and stored in the memory according to the settings of the camera at the
time of shooting. RAW files are not transformed to the JPEG format and are
stored in the memory without any changes.
RAW files have the file extension "SRW". To adjust and calibrate exposures,
White Balances, tones, contrasts, and colors of the RAW files, or to convert
them into JPEG or TIFF format, use the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
program found on the supplied DVD-ROM.
Ensure you have enough space on the memory card to save photos in the
In Shooting mode, press [m]
To set the quality,
• Compressed for the best quality.
• Recommended for printing in large size.
• Compressed for better quality.
• Recommended for printing in normal size.
• Compressed for normal quality.
• Recommended for printing in small size or
uploading to the web.
• Save a photo without data loss.
• Recommended for editing after shooting.
RAW + S.Fine: Save a photo in both the JPEG
(S.Fine quality) and RAW format.
RAW + Fine: Save a photo in both the JPEG (Fine
quality) and RAW format.
RAW + Normal: Save a photo in both the JPEG
(Normal quality) and RAW format.
Available options may differ depending on shooting conditions.