• Does the thermo switch operate prop-
erly as described above?
• Remove the temperature sender from
• Connect the pocket tester (Ω × 10) to the
temperature sender 1 as shown.
• Immerse the temperature sender in a
container filled with water 2.
• Place a thermometer 3 in the water.
• Slowly heat the water, then let it cool
down to the specified temperature.
• Check the temperature sender for conti-
nuity at the temperatures indicated
Temperature sender resistance
47.5 ~ 56.8 Ω at 80 ˚C
16.5 ~ 20.5 Ω at 115 ˚C
Replace the thermo
Handle the temperature sender with spe-
Never subject the temperature sender to
strong shocks. If the temperature sender
is dropped, replace it.
15 Nm (1.5 m • kg)
Three bond sealock
• Check the entire cooling system's wir-
Refer to "CIRCUIT DIAGRAM".
• Is the cooling system's wiring properly
connected and without defects?
This circuit is OK.
8 - 47
Replace the temper-
or repair the cool-
ing system's wir-