The battery is not being charged.
1. main fuse
3. charging voltage
4. stator coil assembly resistance
(of the entire charging system)
• Before troubleshooting, remove the
1) rider seat
2) fuel tank
• Troubleshoot with the following spe-
• Check the main fuse for continuity.
Refer to "CHECKING THE FUSES" in
• Is the main fuse OK?
Replace the fuse.
• Check the condition of the battery.
Refer to "CHECKING AND CHARGING
THE BATTERY" in chapter 3.
12.8 V or more at 20 ˚C
• Is the battery OK?
• Connect the engine tachometer to the
spark plug lead of cylinder #1.
• Connect the pocket tester (DC 20V) to
the battery as shown.
Tester positive probe →
Tester negative probe →
• Start the engine and let it run at approxi-
mately 5,000 r/min.
• Measure the charging voltage.
14 V at 5,000 r/min
8 - 27
• Clean the battery
• Recharge or
replace the battery.
battery positive terminal
battery negative terminal