• starter clutch operation
a. Install the starter clutch gear 1 onto
the starter clutch 2 and hold the
b. When turning the starter clutch gear
clockwise Å, the starter clutch and
the starter clutch gear should engage,
otherwise the starter clutch is faulty
and must be replaced.
c. When turning the starter clutch gear
counterclockwise ı, it should turn
freely, otherwise the starter clutch is
faulty and must be replaced.
INSTALLING THE CLUTCH
• clutch housing
• Make sure that the slots a in the
clutch housing align with the tabs b
on the oil/water pump assembly drive
• Make sure that the primary driven gear
teeth and primary drive gear teeth
• Make sure that the starter clutch gear
teeth and starter clutch idle gear teeth
• clutch boss assembly 1
• If the wire circlip 2 has been removed,
carefully install a new one.
• Install the clutch damper spring 3
with the "OUTSIDE" mark facing out.
4 - 46