Red Seal LED Flashing
Vacuum Pump is
running, but bag
is not evacuating
Gasket is loose or has
Bag is not sealing
No lights on the
• Unit is overheated. Always allow 20 seconds between seals. Under heavy
usage, appliance will shut off automatically and Red Light will flash. Wait
for 20 min for unit to cool off.
• Wait 20 seconds between seals.
• Vacuum pump running more than 120 seconds. Under heavy usage,
appliance will shut off automatically and Red Light will flash. See next
section "Vacuum Pump is running, but bag is not evacuating".
• If making a bag from a roll, make sure one end of bag is sealed. See
"How to Make a Bag from a FoodSaver
• Adjust the bag and try again. Make sure the open end of the bag in down
inside the vacuum channel.
• Check for wrinkles in bag along Sealing Strip. To prevent wrinkles in the
seal, gently stretch bag flat while inserting bag into vacuum channel.
• Open unit and make sure gaskets are inserted properly and there are no
foreign objects, dirt or debris on the top or bottom gasket (see "Care and
• Appliance has been left in the latched position: Gaskets may be
compressed. Unlatch and allow 10 to 20 minutes for gaskets to expand.
• Make sure the accessory hose is not attached to accessory port.
• If it is the lower gasket, take out the lower gasket, clean it and reinsert
the gasket into the vacuum channel.
• If it is the upper gasket, please contact Customer Service.
• Liquid in bag, make sure unit is on moist food setting.
• Too much liquid in bag, freeze before vacuuming.
• Check for food debris around seal area. If present, take out the Gasket, clean
it and reinsert the Gasket into the Vacuum Channel (see "Care and Cleaning").
• Bag has wrinkles: To prevent wrinkles in the seal, gently stretch bag flat while
inserting bag into vacuum channel.
• Make sure unit is plugged in
• Make sure wall outlet is functional
• Make sure lid is all the way down, and the bar is in the closed position.
Vacuum Sealing Roll".